Decorating a cake with Chocolate Ganache is the perfect idea for anyone who likes Simple Cake Decorating Ideas.
Cake decorating is fun and an interesting way to spend some time concentrating to a hobby. It is not as difficult as it seems if you go with simple decorating ideas. If you are a beginner and still love to have gorgeous cakes, then it is better to go with simple decorations. This will also help you to practice with cake decorating and finally to achieve some great skills.
Here are a few simple ideas and tips which I use to make a cake decorating project a winner.
I thought of sharing these simple cake decorating ideas with you hoping these tips are beneficial for anyone.
- Buy readymade cakes, or make your cake using a mix. This is one of the tricks I use when I want to decorate a cake. I don’t want to worry about the taste or the texture when I buy a flavourful cake from a store. Then I am able to decorate it and personalize it as required.
- On the other way, baking a cake using a cake mix is so easy. It really doesn’t involve much work and good if you want to save some time for other work.
- Use decorations that are already made.You don’t want to use edible icing toppers always to make a cake beautiful. Instead you can use fresh flowers, ribbons, and fruit as decorations.A cake bunting also perfect to decorate a cake.
- Always use a decorative cake plate or platter to present your cake.This will add some beauty to your cake and others will not be able to see much of errors in your finished work.
- Keep several pastry bags, a coupler, a flower nail, and these 6 icing tips- #824 large open star, #23 small open star, #104 small rose, #125 large rose, and #109 and #129 drop flowers with you. These will be helpful for you to decorate a pretty cake without much difficulty.
- Try to afford a turntable. A turnable makes icing a cake much easier.
- You can brush fresh fruit with a glaze. This will help to seal in moisture and hence a pretty fresh looking cake.
- Use Ganache Icing to cover a cake. Nobody will say that you are a beginner!
Ganache icing is one of the easiest icing to cover a cake. The most important fact about this icing is that once you cover a cake with Ganache icing, you are able to achieve a smooth surface. Finally, you can decorate the cake with some easy toppings. Fruits like strawberries are ideal with Ganache icing.
Here is the recipe for Chocolate Ganache.
1 pound semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk
1/4 cup sugar
4 tsp. unsalted butter
Place the chocolate in a bowl.
Then combine cream, butter, and sugar in a pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
Make sure to just boil cream mixture while watching very carefully. Because if it boils for a few seconds, chances are that it will boil out of the pan.
Now pour the mixture over the chocolate, stir gently until it is melted.
Allow to cool Ganache before pouring over the cake.
How to cover a cake with chocolate Ganache
Place a wire rack over a cookie sheet. Then place the cake on the wire rack.
Quickly pour the ganache over the top of the cake and the sides.
You can also use a spatula to smooth the surface.
Tap the rack to remove any excess ganache.
Chill the cake until set, remove to a serving platter. Decorate the cake with some fresh fruits.
Any excess ganache can be refrigerated for later use.
If you like to read more,here is a Chocolate Ganache Recipe with step by step pictures.