As a green tea lover, I always thought it would be difficult to make a green tea cake. However, after prolonged experiments, my creamy green tea cheese cake recipe was a success. If you’re craving for something sweet, yet low on calories, then this recipe should work for you! And it’s healthy too!
This creamy cheesecake with a twist of green tea gives it an oriental taste! Soft, moist, and delicate! This green tea cheese cake has a fabulous mix of cheese, eggs, sugar, butter, and green tea powder. Some egg whites added to this creamy cheese based cake batter helps it attain a smooth and spongy texture.
Just sprinkle some green tea powder onto this mixture for a stronger flavor. I also like to add fresh mint, some blackberries and a few raspberries to my cake for a colorful accompaniment.
Green tea varieties are easily available in grocery stores as well as online. This cake recipe makes an ideal sweet dish for dinner parties or small get-togethers. If you are a green tea lover then this is a great way to take your love to another level! For the best taste use Tetley’s Green Tea
· 2 (8 ounce) containers fat-free cream cheese, softened
· 1 Tbsp. gelatin powder
· 2 eggs, beaten
· 1/3 cup white sugar (or substitute it with 2-3 tbsp. honey)
· 1/4 cup heavy cream
· 1/3 cup plain yogurt
· 1 tablespoon green tea powder
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 1 pack graham cracker crushed
· 1/4 cup warm water
· 3 Tbsp. fat-free, unsalted butter
· Mix gelatin powder with some water in a small bowl and keep it aside.
· In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs with butter and some sugar.
· Spread the crust on an 8 inch round cake pan. Flatten the crust using a spoon.
· Take a large bowl, quickly mix the softened cheese and sugar/honey until smooth. To this, add the green tea powder, beat the eggs one by one, and add vanilla extract until it turns light and creamy. Keep beating in the green tea powder until it turns smooth.
· To this, add plain yogurt and heavy cream and mix until smooth. Add some more green tea powder to this mixture (if required).
· Next, pour this mixture on top of the crust and spread evenly.
· Heat the gelatin mixture till it turns liquid. As it gets ready, layer it over the filling.
· Bake in a preheated oven (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes, or till the cake is shaken lightly. Once the cake is ready, let it cool at room temperature for some time.
· You may then refrigerate the cake for 2-3 hours, or overnight, before serving.
· Once the cake is ready, cut around the sides of the pan to loosen the cake and place it on a platter.
· For added twist, you can also garnish the cake with some raspberries and mint. Cut the cake into wedges. You may also add chocolate to the cake mixture or choco-chips for a heavenly delight!
Matcha (green tea powder) is available online in India.
Click Here to find out about other tasty recipes