Whenever we are looking for a new recipe, we expect to find something delicious to give ourselves a treat. But, what if I told you that the staple I bring you today is healthy and easy to cook apart from being really tasty?
Continue reading and you will find out what I am talking about.
Today, you are going to get to know a unique ingredient: couscous.
Couscous is a typical North African dish consisting of small steamed granules of rolled semolina. It is one of the most well-known staples throughout Algerian, Tunisian and Moroccan cuisines.
Thanks to globalization, this Maghrebi ingredient has been integrated into European cuisine at the beginning of the twentieth century and today purchasing a packet of couscous is very simple.
If you want some further reading about this tasty ingredient, click on riceselect.com/product/riceselect-pearl-couscous. You are going to find interesting information there!
Cooking couscous is a very simple task, as the type of pasta it is.
When preparing it, the idea is to get a light and fluffy texture. To do so, couscous can be sauteed before it is cooked in water or another liquid.
In North Africa, it is very common to use a food steamer to prepare couscous. However, couscous sold in most grocery stores is pre-steamed and dried, which makes it even easier to cook! Isn’t it really practical?
This couscous recipe will take you no longer than 20 minutes and you are just going to need 4 ingredients. Yes, that’s right! Just grab these 4 ingredients and in 20 minutes’ time you are going to be enjoying an exquisite feta and peach couscous.
What you are going to need
- 3 ripe peaches.
- 4 tablespoons of mixed seeds.
- ½ cup of feta.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- A package of couscous.
- A pinch of salt and pepper.
Step by step
- To begin with, de-stone and cut the peaches. You can quarter them, slice them or chop them, as you prefer.
- Then, add the peaches to a roasting tin with the seeds and the feta. Drizzle the olive oil over the ingredients and bake everything for about 15 minutes at high heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to package instructions.
- Finally, toss the couscous with the roasted peach preparation and season it with a pinch of salt and pepper. Serve it warm and enjoy!
- You can use any type of seeds. Try mixing pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds. They taste amazingly well together!
- Adding a handful of toasted walnuts will pair your dish exquisitely. It will give a distinctive crunch to it and it is going to make the recipe even more gourmet!
- If you are a cheese lover, you can sprinkle the dish with some blue cheese. It is going to provide the preparation with a special spiciness!
This recipe is so versatile and simple that you can prepare it whenever you want. You have noticed it already: it really takes just a couple of minutes. So, it is ideal for those days you get home exhausted after a tiring day at work.
But, as it is so versatile, you can have it as a main course if you, for example, are trying to cut down on meat, and, at the same time, it is the perfect match for some roasted chicken or fish.
Although it is served warm, it is a very fresh and light dish to have for lunch. This feta and peach couscous is always a good idea! Don’t you think so?
If you were looking for some healthy and easy bite, I think you’ve found it! And the best thing is that it is exquisite.
Remember, 4 ingredients that you surely have at home and 20 spare minutes, and you are going to be relishing one of the fresher and more flavorful dishes that you are going to find!
There are no excuses. Go and check if you have all the necessary items in your cupboard and start making this delicious dish. Your friends and family are going to be astonished by your cooking skills and you are going to look like a pro!