Everybody knows Thai cuisine is one of the most flavorful ones around the globe.
Have you ever tried it? If you have, you know what I am talking about. And if you haven’t yet, let’s get started.
What does it have that makes it so special?
As its name shows, Thai cuisine is the national cuisine of Thailand. It focuses on lightly made dishes with characteristic aromatic components and a spicy touch.
As a whole, Thai cuisine features a huge variety of different ingredients, which makes it have everything: a unique texture, bright colors and intense taste.
It is well-known for having herbs and spices as its main staples. Some of them are garlic, cilantro, fish sauce, chilies and lemongrass.
Something that makes it stand out is that it is also very common to include some type of meat in different dishes. Chicken, beef, duck or pork are usually used to pair rice, noodles or pasta.
If you want to learn to make a delicious Thai recipe, follow this link https://riceselect.com/recipe/bangkok-rice-shrimp-salad. You are going to be inspired by an easy and tasty Thai dish that is going to blow your mind!
Where does it come from?
The culinary traditions and cuisines of Thailand have been strongly influenced by its neighboring countries: Malaysia, Indonesia, China, Vietnam and India.
A clear example is the fact that it is believed that Indians taught Thai people how to use spices in their meals.
Obviously as though it may sound, each region enjoys its own dish varieties. The type of geography, together with the climate, influences not only the ingredients that are purchased and the crops that are grown in each region but the kinds of dishes that are made as well.
Thai cuisine can be described as five different regional cuisines: Bangkok, Central Thai, Northern Thai, Southern Thai and Isan.
Let’s get to the making
Today you are going to learn how to make one of the most typical Thai recipes you may find. It is the basic side dish that is ideal to pair any other ingredient. So, once you learn how to make this Thai saffron coconut rice, you are going to prepare it anytime. You will see!
What you are going to need
- 1 ¾ cups of chicken broth.
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- ½ teaspoon of saffron threads.
- 1 clove of garlic.
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- ½ teaspoon of crushed red chili flakes.
- 2 cups of Jasmine rice.
- 2 ½ tablespoons of shredded coconut.
- 2 cups of coconut milk.
- A pinch of salt.
- 2 medium green onions.
What you are going to do
- First of all, take a pot and place it over high heat. Add the broth together with the turmeric, the saffron threads, the garlic, the fish sauce, the lemon juice, the cumin and the chili. Stir the mixture and bring it to a simmer.
- Then, add the rice, the shredded coconut and the coconut milk. Bring it to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Once the liquid starts bubbling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid. Cook everything for about 10 minutes. All the liquid has to be absorbed.
- The next step is to turn the heat off and leave the pot on the stove, covered, for about 10 more minutes.
- Finally, fluff the rice with a fork and add a pinch of salt, if desired. Garnish with the green onion and enjoy!
This Thai saffron coconut rice is so versatile that you can choose which dish to serve it with. It can be the perfect choice for a Thai curry or a nice piece of beef.
There’s a reason why Thai cuisine has been so famous around the world for so many centuries, and it is its tastiness and simplicity.
With its intense flavors and its exquisite spices, Thai cuisine is always a good idea.
No matter which dish you choose to prepare, it is often made out of very simple ingredients that you surely have at home.
So, what are you waiting for? Why don’t you head off to the kitchen and try this recipe out? You are going to relish one of the most delicious meals ever!