- 250 g (8 oz) raw Cashews
- 3 Cups thin Coconut milk (or water)
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 2 fresh green Chilies, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 5 cm Cinnamon stick
- 4 pieces Rampe
- 8 Curry leaves
- 3 tbs Vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbs Raw Curry powder
- 2 pieces Goraka (optional)
- 1 Cup thick Coconut milk or fresh milk
- Place the cashews in a bowl, add boiling water, close with lid and soak for about 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain the water from cashews and add salt, turmeric, raw curry powder, goraka and mix well until cashews are well coated.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan then add onions, green chilies, crushed garlic, cinnamon and fry until onions are soft and golden brown.
- Add the cashews and keep stirring until well coated with oil and onions.
- Add thin coconut milk (or water), close with lid and cook on slow heat until cashews are soft and cooked.
- Add the thick coconut milk (or fresh milk) and bring to a boil on slow heat.
- Turn off heat. Adjust salt to taste.
Special thanks for http://paradisaya.tripod.com/recipes/cashewc.html for this recipe.
Hi, Appreciate very much your effort and for being Sri Lankan. For the cashew curry I used to add mustard powder instead garlic.And I boil cashews first until they are soft,fry with ingredients & season with bit of thick coconut milk only.
hi,thanks for the comment & thanks for the idea,I will try this way & will post the recipe too…I am sure this method also will give a delicious cashew curry…