I love rice! Don’t you?
The use of rice as food is so versatile that you can make a thousand and one dishes with this ingredient. I have always enjoyed making classic Chinese-style rice, risotto, or Spanish paella.
Depending on the size of the grain, each type of rice is ideal for each meal: short grain rice is perfect for dishes like sushi or Italian risotto; medium grain rice I use for paella; and long grain rice are perfect for more common meals that don’t require a lot of grain size specifications, such as chicken rice, peppers or stuffed eggplant, or red beans and rice.
In this post, you will learn about this important food, and today we bring you a recipe for a delicious creamy rice with mushrooms and zucchini.
CarolinaRice® offers the best rice-based products you can ever find on the market. One of its superstar products is white rice. Visit the next link and get more information about what you can prepare with it: carolinarice.com/products/white-rice/
Know a little more about these three ingredients
Here are some of the health benefits of the main ingredients in this recipe.
Pumpkins help strengthen the immune system: It contains a large number of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin A, which can strengthen the immune system and help fight infections. Its vitamin C content increases the production of white blood cells, improves the effectiveness of immune cells and speeds wound healing.
In addition to beta-carotene, pumpkins provide lutein and zeaxanthin, two powerful antioxidants that have been linked to improved vision. And being a good source of potassium, it helps regulate blood pressure by counteracting the effect of sodium; as well as its fiber, which lowers blood cholesterol levels.
Pumpkin also contains arginine, an amino acid that the body needs to produce nitric oxide, which is essential for distending blood vessels and lowering blood pressure.
The mushroom is a source of vitamins B and D as well as minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, and iron, among others. These elements make it a possible ally in the prevention of diseases such as cancer, diabetes, or cognitive impairment.
Mushrooms contain vitamins B2, B3, B1, and folic acid, which play essential roles in the proper functioning of the nervous system and metabolism. Also, the presence of beta-glucans of mushrooms contributes to maintaining normal blood cholesterol levels.
In addition, mushrooms have a low glycemic index, which makes them an essential food for the diets of people suffering from diseases such as diabetes, as they help control blood glucose levels and avoid sudden and rapid sugar spikes.
Rice provides carbohydrates in the form of starch to provide the energy needed in situations of physical and mental exhaustion and activity.
Regular consumption of rice helps to regulate cholesterol levels thanks to the phytosterols in its husk, and its low salt content helps to control blood pressure.
Rice, when served boiled with a little oil and salt, is the most suitable food to control cases of alterations in the intestinal mucosa.
Zucchini and mushrooms rice recipe
- ½ cup of rice.
- ½ lb of skinless pumpkin cut into cubes.
- 1 spring onion.
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- 1 tablespoon of spreadable cheese.
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Vegetable broth (as much as needed).
- Start by washing and cutting the spring onion and then sauté it in a hot frying pan with a little olive oil. When the spring onion is tender, add the rice and mix until the rice grains become transparent.
- Add vegetable broth, preferably hot (1 or 2 ladles), and let it cook in the pan for 5 minutes, when the water begins to be consumed add the diced pumpkin and add hot vegetable broth again.
- Let cook until the rice and pumpkin are cooked and the water has been consumed, we can add as much broth as the vegetables and rice need to cook.
- Finally, add the cleaned and sliced mushrooms, mix, and cook for a few more minutes.
- Finally, add the spreadable cheese that will give a creamy texture to the preparation.
- Serve hot with grated cheese, and enjoy!