Let’s let ourselves dive into our thoughts. Imagine you arrive home exhausted after a tiring day of work and you are starving. You don’t even know if it will be better to eat something quickly or to go straight to bed. Have you ever felt that way?
The next time that this happens to you, you are not going to be in that position of choosing one way or another, because there is going to be a delicious dish waiting for you in the fridge.
This rice-based recipe is really special because, apart from being completely easy to make and very healthy to eat, it is exquisite. What’s more, as the main ingredient is rice, it is inexpensive! It really has no downsides.
Let’s think about the very first dishes you started cooking when you were taking your first steps at the kitchen. Have you pictured them in mind? They surely are spaghetti, hot-dogs and… rice, of course!
Rice is so simple to cook that even a teenager can prepare it! You just need a pot filled with water, a dash of salt and a cup of rice. And that’s it!
Moreover, it is an ingredient that can be served warm or cool, and, as such, it can also be eaten at lunchtime or dinnertime. Very practical, isn’t it?
The best thing about rice is its versatility: meat, fish, walnuts, vegetables, cheese, spicy sauces. You name it, rice matches it. No matter which staple you choose to pair rice, it always tastes amazingly well.
You may be tempted after all the advantages rice has and you might want a tasty bite. If that is the case, you can follow this link mahatmarice.com/recipes/easy-coconut-rice/, where you are going to find a very simple and extremely delicious coconut rice recipe that is going to make your mouth melt! With the sweetness and aroma of Jasmine rice, this recipe enhances any other dish flavor and this makes it the perfect side dish for your next dinner.
Today, you are going to learn how to make a one-pot chicken and rice recipe that is going to save your day. And the best part of it is that it can be stored for up to three days in the fridge. Ideal for those days you arrive knocked off!
What you are going to need
- 5 tablespoons of butter.
- 1 cup of chopped carrots.
- A pinch of salt and pepper.
- 2 cups of white rice.
- 1 tablespoon of dried minced onion.
- 1 teaspoon of dried minced garlic.
- 2 tablespoons of dried parsley flakes.
- 8 cups of chicken broth.
- 2 small chicken breasts.
Step by step
- To begin with, make sure you cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and chop the vegetables. This step will save you loads of time when cooking!
- Then, take a pot and place it over medium heat. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add the carrots, the salt and the pepper and cover the pot with a lid. Cook the preparation for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After that, add the onions, the garlic and the rice and stir well. Sauté for about 1 minute and add the parsley and the chicken broth. Turn the heat up to high and bring the preparation to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- The next step is to turn the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add them to the pot. Turn the heat up and, once it starts bubbling, turn it down again. Continue simmering until the chicken is well cooked and the rice is al dente. It will take you about 15 minutes. Continue stirring until it is ready.
- Finally, cover the pot with a lid and remove it from the heat. Let it sit for about 5 minutes and add 3 tablespoons of butter. And it is ready!
Don’t you think this is a very easy recipe that is made with ingredients you surely have at home?
It is healthy and exquisite, and everybody loves it! It seems that it doesn’t have any disadvantages. So, why don’t you try it yourself and enjoy this delicious dish?