Black Forest cake has always been regarded as one of the most sumptuous cakes of all the time. Each bite of a perfect Black Forest cake can easily fill one’s heart with pure ecstasy.
This layer cake takes the cake experience to a whole new level. Most of the time people prefer to order Black Forest cake online but you can also bake this cake at your home and the entire preparation of this cake is not that difficult. You can easily make an enticing and super delicious Black Forest cake in your kitchen itself and this article gives you step by step guide to make this cake.
Now it’s time to know about the whole preparation:
Black Forest Cake Recipe
For the cake’s layers:
1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
All-purpose flour- 1 cup
1 half cup cake flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 half teaspoon of Baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup unsalted softened butter
Large eggs – 4
1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
2 tablespoon of Vanilla extract
Almond extract- 1 tablespoon
For the filling:
Fresh cherries – 3 cups (pitted and halved)
1/4 cup cherry jam
1 t-spoon almond extract-divided
Softened cream cheese-8 ounces
3/4 cup of cold and heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the garnishes:
Heavy cream- 1/4 cup
Finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate-2 ounces
2 tablespoon of light corn syrup
Now you should know how to make the filling :
- Place the cherries, jam and 1/2 teaspoon of the almond extract in a medium bowl and toss to coat. Set it aside.
- Place the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl and beat it on medium-low speed until it gets totally smooth.
- It’s time to turn the mixer down to medium-low speed and pour the heavy cream down the side of the bowl and do it in a very slow and steady manner.
- When you are done with adding all the cream, turn the mixer up to the medium-high and whip until the frosting holds stiff peaks.
- Finally, fold in the vanilla extract and use the 1/2 teaspoon of the almond extract.
Procedure of making the garnish:
- Place one layer of chocolate cake on a serving platter.
- Use half of the cherries on the cake, and top with about 1/3 of the whipped cream frosting.
- Top the second cake layer and repeat the same procedure with the third layer.
- Use whipped cream frosting to frost the cake.
- Heat the cream in a small pot and use simmering heat.
- Put the chocolate in the small bowl and pour the hot chocolate on the chopped chocolate and allow it to stand for at least five minutes.
- Whisk the chocolate and cream together until you incorporate it fully.
- Mix the vanilla and corn syrup and pour the glaze very carefully around the perimeter of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Finally, you need to garnish with fresh cherries, chocolate curls, and powdered sugar.
1. The first thing you need to do is to preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and you should mist an 8-inch diameter by 2-inch high cake pans with non-stick spray, and line with circles cut from parchment paper.
2. Take a mixing bowl and place the sugar, flours, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in it and start whisking it to combine it well.
3. Cut the butter into smaller pieces and add it to the dry ingredients. Mix on low speed until you find the mixture looks like the damp sand. The overall time span for the mixing process should be not more than one minute.
4. Add the eggs one by one and scrap the sides and the bottom of the bowl with a silicon spatula after each addition.
5. When you are done with incorporating all the eggs, add the Greek yogurt, vanilla and the almond extract and beat the mixture at the medium speed for 60 to 90 seconds. The main reason for doing is to aerate the batter and strengthen the structure of the cake.
6. Now you need to divide the batter in an even manner into three prepared pans and take 30-40minutes to bake it. Finally, do the toothpick test and if the toothpick comes out clean, it means the cake is ready and you need to cool it off completely before serving it to your guests.
Once the cake is ready, slice it up and serve everyone the taste of heaven!