Some of the most common reasons people break diets is because they are unprepared, they didn’t meal prep, or they don’t know what to eat. In order to stick to the Keto diet, you’d have to take Keto-friendly meals with you on the go, or know how to throw together a quick Keto meal at home. You’ll have to pack a Keto-friendly lunch and bring it with you to work. Similarly, it’s smart to meal-prep your breakfasts and dinners so that you always have something Keto-friendly to eat.
Eating Keto on the go is easy as long as you are prepared. It’s important to remember that the Keto diet doesn’t work unless you stay in Ketosis. If you recently had a ketone test strip tell you that you are not in Ketosis, then you have to start preparing more keto-friendly meals for yourself. Here are 4 keto-friendly meals you can easily make on the go:
1. Stuffed Pepper Lasagne
With only 5 ingredients and a very simple 5-minute preparation, stuffed pepper lasagne is an easy keto meal for someone on-the-go. These stuffed pepper lasagnes taste just as good as real lasagne – without the noodles and without the carbs.
The prep only takes 5 minutes. You simply cut open some sweet yellow peppers, and stuff them with ground meat, veggies, and cheese on top – before baking them to perfection.
- 2 large sweet peppers halved and seeded
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 12 oz ground meat (ground turkey or ground beef, for example)
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400
- Put the halved peppers in a baking dish and sprinkle them with 1/4 tsp garlic salt.
Divide the ground meat between the peppers and press it into the bottoms. Sprinkle with another 1/4 tsp garlic salt. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Divide the ricotta cheese between the peppers. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 tsp garlic salt. Sprinkle the mozzarella on top. Put the cherry tomatoes in between the peppers.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes until the peppers are softened, the meat is cooked, and the cheese is golden.
2. Keto Cheeseburger
A Keto cheeseburger is a cheeseburger without the bun. You guessed it: Lettuce is used instead of a bun, which makes this meal a lettuce-wrapped cheeseburger. It’s very easy to make, since you simply cook a frozen burger patty, add some condiments, and wrap it in lettuce.
A flavorful burger patty topped with yummy cheese, tomato, and a spread of condiments is an easy and delicious meal that requires next-to-no effort. Wrap it up in a nice piece of lettuce and you won’t even miss the bun, because the cheese and the meat is the best part of a burger anyway.
Ingredients (makes 6):
- 6 burger patties (frozen)
- 6 slices American cheese
- 2 large heads iceberg or romaine lettuce, rinsed then dried
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon dill pickle relish
- dash of salt and pepper
- Place burger patties on grill or frying pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Place a slice of cheese on each cooked burger.
- Place each burger on a large piece of lettuce.
- Top with spread, one slice tomato, red onion and whatever else you like on your burger. Wrap the lettuce up over the top and enjoy!
3. Meat-Lovers Pizza Cups
Essentially, these are keto-friendly mini pizzas that use ham slices as a crust / pocket instead of dough. These meat-lovers pizza cups have no carbs, but they’re every bit as delicious as regular pizza! They are very easy to make, which makes them a perfect option on a busy day.
- 12 deli ham slices
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
- 12 Tbsp sugar-free pizza sauce
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 24 pepperoni slices
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- Optional: Sliced Veggies
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Brown Italian sausage in frying pan, draining excess grease.
- Line 12-cup muffin tin with ham slices. Divide sausage, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni slices, and bacon crumbles between each cup, in that order.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Broil for 1 minute until cheese bubbles and browns and the edges of the meat toppings look crispy.
- Remove pizza cups from muffin tin and set on paper towel to prevent the bottoms from getting wet. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate and re-heat in toaster oven or microwave.
4. Chicken Enchilada Bowl
This yummy Chicken Enchilada Bowl is a low-carb twist on one of your favorite Mexican dishes. You can serve it over cauliflower rice if you wish, but you probably won’t need to since the flavorful chicken and veggies are filling enough as it is! If you make extra, you can store the individual components of the enchilada bowl in your fridge. Then, simply throw the ingredients together in a bowl for a healthy keto meal on the go!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (for searing chicken)
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup red enchilada sauce (recipe from Low Carb Maven)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 whole avocado, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used mild cheddar)
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- Melt coconut oil in a pan. Once hot, sear chicken thighs until lightly brown.
- Pour in enchilada sauce and water, then add onion and green chiles. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook chicken for 17-25 minutes or until chicken is tender and fully cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and place onto a work surface. Chop or shred chicken (your preference) then add it back into the pot. Let the chicken simmer uncovered for an additional 10 minutes to absorb flavor and allow the sauce to reduce a little.
- Top with avocado, cheese, jalapeno, sour cream, tomato, and any other desired toppings, customized to your preference. Serve alone, over lettuce or over cauliflower rice.
I am sure you also want to know on how to get through the first weeks of Keto diet.
I like meals on the go. They really suit my busy lifestyle. Thanks for sharing!